We wanted to make you aware that your staff may be eligible for a $500 grant from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s (NRAEF) Employee Relief Fund.
The Restaurant Employee Relief Fund (“Fund”) was created to help restaurant industry employees experiencing extraordinary hardship in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. Through this Fund, grants will be made to restaurant industry employees who have been impacted by COVID-19, including a decrease in wages or loss of employment. Grants will be awarded as soon as possible to those individuals who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, as reviewed and verified by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). This Fund is operated by the NRAEF, whose mission is to attract, empower and advance today’s and tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice workers.
Your staff may be eligible for a $500 one-time grant if they:
- Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year (this includes food delivery); and
- Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
- Have experienced a decrease in wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020, which these grant funds will help offset; and
- Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory; and
- Are over the age of legal majority in their U.S. state or territory.
Applications opened on April 2nd
Applications for grants opened, Thursday, April 2, 2020. Grants will be awarded as soon as possible to those individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. The grants are subject to availability and are limited to one per person. Click here to learn more and apply: https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/