Job Description/Role Overview:
The Lead HR Consultant will work closely with people leaders across all functions and spanning a defined set of geographies in providing and implementing HR support aligned to the corporate HR policies and processes at a country and cluster level in line with the agreed ways of working. The role will be responsible for providing advice, support and coaching to managers and employees across the full range of employment policies, including areas such as people performance management issues, employee development, career, performance capabilities. The role will provide advice and support to the HR Business Partners in relation to projects linked to organizational design, M&A activity, restructuring, development and change activities, as well as HR COE cyclical activities and programs (e.g. salary review, performance reviews, workforce planning). The role will also provide support to COEs and HR Business Partners to rollout critical programs and initiatives at local level. The role will also focus on both individual and collective relationships in the workplace. It supports and coaches people managers to establish trust-based relationships with employees and to manage employee relations issues. Working with the wider team, the role will support the drive for continuous improvement that delivers year on year cost savings and service capability, whilst improving service performance against benchmarks. Responsibilities:
Performance and Customer Focus – 35%
• Evaluate developments in local country employment legislation, HR policies and practices in other organizations and make proposals on how they might be applied within S&N to improve service delivery.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with country and local HR laws and regulations and partner with legal to stay abreast of changes and ensure all compliance requirements are met
• Together with Business Partners, COEs and wider HR Consultancy team, review the application of employment policies and inform the development of employment policies as appropriate.
• Ensure all changes in employment legislation and policy are communicated to the relevant HR Services team and the business and all working practices / communications are aligned to the new policies and embedded in the HR technologies.
• Provide responsive and high quality, support, coaching and advice to all parts of the organization, including senior managers to ensure the appropriate management of all employee relations/performance issues including in particular grievances, poor performance, absence and disciplinary action.
• Ensure all employee relations/performance cases are managed in a timely / professional manner through to resolution, minimising the cost to the organization.
• Plan and provide responsive and high-quality site based or country-based service in the delivery of individual consultations as part of TUPE/M&A activities.
• Provide an independent and professional mediation service within the local or cluster team
• Provides support to COEs and HR Business Partners to rollout critical programs and initiatives at local level, such as local language translation reviews, and conducting general/information session (webinar) in local languages working closely with the COE’s, HR Services and other areas of HR.
• Working with HR Business Partners, contribute to the continued improvement of the health of the organization by monitoring and analysing performance indicators, such as sickness absence, levels of grievances and disciplinaries and work/life balance, and developing initiatives and solutions to enable positive trends.
• Participates in and provides data for audit reports, HSE or any governmental reporting requirement.
Coaching for Managers – 25%
• Coach and influence management on the application of S&N employment policies, ensuring legal and policy interpretations are constantly integrated into capability and team knowledge.
• Working across the wider team and with Business Partners, improve efficiency and effectiveness in the management of attendance, performance and employee relations/performance, by using management information effectively to drive proactive interventions to support the performance and skills development of line managers. In conjunction with Learning Services and Business Partners, ensure training plans and tools are developed to meet these needs.
• Provides stewardship of the organization’s culture and cultural pillars to facilitate success.
• Coaches leaders on the link between behaviours and culture. Weaves cultural standards into HR practices, processes and ways of working.
• Communicates the culture broadly and frames it in ways that engages employees.
• Puts into place systems and practices that aligns individual behaviour and organizational goals at all levels.
Driving Continuous Improvement – 20%
• Act as a champion for internal customer focus and listen to and communicate with internal customers and stakeholders effectively; ensuring that procedures and systems are in place to inform and receive feedback from partners, stakeholders and employees, and evaluating that feedback, taking appropriate action to secure continuous improvement.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of the HR Consultancy model and case management system to meet business needs and to enable prioritisation and risk assessment.
• Input to new policies, policy guides, process maps and ServiceNow to support the introduction of the new employment policies.
• Ensure classifications and tasks created in ServiceNow support the MI requirements of the business for employment policies.
• Identify and implement new initiatives that will enhance the quality of advice given by the HR Consultancy function.
• Proactively seek input from customers to ensure delivery meets business needs, and propose changes to level of services provided
Relationship Management – 20%
• Working closely with people leaders across all functions and spanning a defined set of geographies, ensure good understanding of S&N business needs and objectives to provide and implement HR support aligned to the corporate HR policies and processes at country, cluster and regional level in line with the agreed ways of working.
• Ensure the presentation of employee relations/performance proposals clearly articulates the business outcome and objectives for any employee relations/performance intervention.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
Licenses/ Certifications: HRCI and/or SHRM certification preferred
• Good working knowledge of employment laws and practices required linked to a particular region or country.
• Previous HR experience working at a generalist level. Ideally, experience at operating in a Shared Services HR model.
• Experience with Workday and other HR People Management systems. Strong MS Office software experience required. Skill in database management and record keeping. Strong analytical capability with respect to problem solving, conflict resolution and employee relations matters.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills required. Must be innovative and proactive in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt. Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions.
• Relevant language capability and cultural awareness dependent on region or country.
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers and to deliver on project commitments Competences:
• Substantial Business acumen/Knows the business. Understands the business and can translate strategy into clear action plans. Uses insight of the business environment to improve business outcomes
• HR Expertise and Intelligence/Analytical skills:
A solid background in HR having good knowledge of HR practices and procedures. Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data, recognizing trends and develop recommendations based on analysis. Applies experience in order to resolve complex problems and decides on courses of action.
• Initiative: Able to work independently and receives minimal guidance from leadership, able to reach agreements and consensus despite differing priorities. Ability to deliver on projects. Competent in leading and managing change and transformations; advises and coaches business leaders on change management best practice approach and provides the understanding, perspectives, tools and techniques to make change seamless and effortless.
• Team skills: Can be equally effective participating on team (as member) and on an individual basis. Works towards the organizational best interest rather than personal interests. Manages well across the matrix through individuals and processes both at a function level and across the business. Uses networks in strategic activities to achieve better business & in particular people outcomes. Fosters teamwork, comradery and accountability within the team in which they work. Seeks to strengthen teams with diversity and inclusion. Relates well to people at all levels. Builds effective relationships and gains trust and respect.
• Problem Solving: Can solve problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on analysis of multiple sources of information. Analyses situations and applies critical thinking to resolve situations and advises on courses of action. Evaluates the constraints and risks associated with each course of action identified and selects the viable option in order to address the problem.
• Reputation for Delivery: Consistently delivers against agreed project plans, is responsive and realistic about time/resources to deliver. Anticipates and prevents future problems, taking charge to bring about change and taking initiative within role. Has the ability to persuade key stakeholders to drive results. Develops and evaluates solutions to problems and implements solutions. Applies systematic thinking to identify new solutions. Able to win impact and influence regardless of organization boundaries and relationships. Is personally credible.
• Communication skills: Clearly articulates messages. Effectively listens, can express ideas in written format and verbal format clearly, succinctly and persuasively. Manages conflicts and can diffuse tensions across employees to resolve issues. Maintains confidences. Coach people managers to further develop their capability in their role and improve their own performance. Demonstrate coaching capabilities.
• Customer Focused: Thinks customer first and anticipates current and future needs. Acts with customers in mind and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of internal customers. Uses first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services.
Travel Requirements: 25-50%