Do you know about SEO, which stands for Search Engine Optimization? Have you ever considered how it relates to your business? How does SEO work?
In search engine optimization, organic search results are ranked high and website traffic is obtained. In order to generate web traffic organically, click-through ads are not considered. Although a few SEO strategies are more effective for achieving the aforementioned goals than others, there is a wide range to choose from. An effective social media strategy could include anything from developing and publishing website content that is optimized for targeted keywords to maintaining a strong presence across many social media platforms.
Internet search engines continually update algorithms, which means SEO practices and strategies must change to remain effective.
When surveyed by internetlivestats.com these are the impactful numbers that came with SEO for marketing purposes:
- 40% of the population has internet access
- 40,000 search queries are processed every second on Google
- Facebook has 1.7 billion active users (Key SEO for social media)
- 1.13 billion users log into Facebook per day
- Twitter has an estimated 1.3 billion active users
- 120 million people visit Twitter each month
- 100 million Twitter users log in daily
Ideally, people should be able to use your website easily and do what they want or what you want them to do.
Tactics & Having a Game Plan
When you use any form of digital marketing, there are a number of methods you can use to enhance your visibility and convert prospects. The goal of SEO marketing is to get as many visitors to your website as possible and to convert those visitors into customers.
Here are some simple steps to take with SEO trafficking for your website/social media platforms:
- Social Media Marketing:
- Create a solid presence on social media. This becomes beneficial when using SEO. Facebook and Twitter are both great ways to promote your business. Even if your business uses other sites, you just need to make sure you post at the same time- every day, as it helps promote and increase visibility and is engaging with your audience.
- Content Control:
- Using keywords helps cater the internet user when searching for your type of business and content. When having quality content and keywords related to your business and services ranks you higher in your industry and makes you essential. Once you’ve come up with your “keywords” you’ll now want to create content from that and optimize your page to reflect that. Meaning- update your title, tags, descriptions etc.
- Links really set the tone for how your content is ranked in the SEO. Making sure your backlinks on your external site will allow your content to be credible. Backlinks are a must.
- When designing your website or social media platform, make sure you are creating a visibility appealing aesthetics and making sure it’s easy to navigate and understand. You also need to take into consideration the user’s needs and the way you provide it to them. Make smooth transitions from page to page. That’ll make your bounce rate go down and increase making those visitors potential customers.
If you as a business owner are willing to sit down and take a look at your landing pages for social media, you could perform a lot of the basic SEO items yourself. Or if you are still confused, that’s what an expert is there to do, HELP YOU!
MCDA CCG, offers social media advisory and social media marketing to help the needs of your business and to drive traffic to your sites.
Reach out by phone, email or click on: Get in touch, we look forward to speaking with you!
Other MCDA CCG resources our readers find useful…
Frontier and Spirit Airlines to Merge; Why this Deal Makes Sense
M&A Transactions: Is Confidentiality a Myth?
Preparing to Sell Your Business: Tips to Help You Prepare
Potential Snags with Mergers & Acquisitions
Communicating a Merger to Employees- Leadership Approaches
10 Critical Reasons to Valuate Your Business
Determine Your Business Valuation
Ways For Businesses to Reduce Cybersecurity Risks in Mergers and Acquisitions